Thursday, July 28, 2011

Punishments

I have no children but I raised my brother and part way my sister for most of my high school life. Ive learned so much that Ive never realized but today I found a new appreciation for it . I learned the best way to get a child to listen besides running to the belt is to just talk. Simply ask what is a punishment and what do you think it entitles you too and ask questions that pertains to the whatever the child did and dont repeat questions either. There over thousands of words in the dictionary learn to use them and keep the questions coming  the whole point is to keep the child on its toes and believe me it will make them nervous and cry and think really about what they did. I noticed that this method mixed with the normal punishment gives better results than just a punishment or just getting a whoop-in. I figure that this is because when you simply whoop them they dont think about anything and they dont have to but how ever say  if you whoop them 2x and talk to them for about 15-35 minutes that mostly likely they wont do it again because for once in there life they thought about it. I dont really know how effective it will be but I use it on them and I get good results but try it once and see how it turns out.

Tips:
Remember to always dig deep when asking questions
Always make them repeat what they say in a sentence form
Never help them remember what you said why? cause they weren't listening then.
Never raise your voice( I mean you can at first, I did but I didnt have to anymore because she respects me)

btw my sis is 12 and bro 7
Have a good day and God bless you all

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with this. Much needed for some.

    - Kimberly

    ReplyDelete